find it!

Friday 15 May 2009

me old dear

my very sainted mother (not so) recently went into hospital as she was one of the many people coming down wiv cancer (there's a jade goody joke in there somewhere, but i've yet to get a laugh from it yet, so i'll leave it for now)

she was recovering from one of the many procedures she suffered in a valiant (and, thankfully, successful) attempt to escape the clutches of the horseman we all like least, when she was visited by a well-meaning christian friend (many of my mother's friends are of that persuasion, i've tried telling her, i really have..) who, whilst discussing (for some bizarre reason) the finer theological implications of my mother's suffering, said:
"we don't know why god had this in his plan for you?"
to which my mother (quite innocently) replied:
"somebody thought this was a good idea?"

kinda sums up my entire argument against any kind of theism/deism/paganism really...

No comments: